Regulatory Affairs Manager - for a leading Food Production Company
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Elmwood Park, NJ
A leading Food Production company is seeking an Regulatory Affairs Manager who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Regulatory Affairs experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Regulatory Affairs Manager - Will maintain compliance to applicable Federal and State Regulations related to our products. Interpret labeling regulations and guidance and applies to manage and develop labeling, advertising, and consumer/customer communications. Develop and improves procedures and policies to ensure regulatory compliance. Will serve as leader for cross functional teams for regulatory and agency driven initiatives. Will manage Database & Systems improve policies and protocols to facilitate user compliance. Provide leadership and technical guidance to direct reports and cross functional teams.
The Regulatory Affairs Manager - should have the following skill set:
- Provides structured guidance to internal teams and business partners as needed, including but not limited to new ingredient approvals, certifications, document management, labeling development, agency interactions & external communications
- Develop, review and approve ingredients, recipes, ingredient statements, nutritional facts, claims and call outs for labeling compliance.
- Utilize and manage Genesis for labeling development and documentation.
- Manage export regulatory compliance process to ensure compliance with applicable country regulations and customs requirements
- Support Consumer Complaint process and ensure timely and appropriate responses to address inquiries and complaints.
- Draft company and department policy and protocols; support corporate policy development
- Actively update organization on agency and regulatory changes that are likely to impact our business
- Represent regulatory in cross functional project teams and initiatives with internal and external customers
- Support and facilitate compliance activities for regulatory agencies, certifying bodies, etc. (Ex. FDA, USDA, State Ag, Customer requirements and GFSI)
- Supports onboarding of new employees and provides ad hoc training to peers related to applicable processes (Ingredient Approval, Formula Review/Approval, Labeling Development & Approval)
- Oversees the packaging development process related to labeling content and communications compliance
The Regulatory Affairs Manager - will:
- Bachelor of Science degree required (Nutrition, Regulatory, Food Science, Food Chemistry, Microbiology or Processing Preferred)
- 5-7 plus years of progressive regulatory and labeling experience; (FDA required; USDA & International a plus)
- Stays current on Regulatory activities and changes impacting our Brands
- Has strong working knowledge of USDA, FDA, CFIA, Export Regulations and resources
- Knowledge of Nutrient Content Claims and Health Claims, and usage of factual statements; knows the rules and requirements surrounding product claims
- Knowledge of current Government and State Regulatory changes impacting our business
- Proven Ability to lead cross-functional teams