- Be the local face of procurement and act as the interface between the BU's and the Group Procurement organisation.
- Enhance the total value proposition and delivery of the purchasing organisation, driving execution of the strategy at a category level and ensuring synergy program achievement.
- Ensure delivery of the P+ targets, projects and implementation of the category strategies for the BU's within the area of responsibility
- Facilitate the implementation of procurement strategic sourcing plans, understanding, acknowledging and resolving roadblocks ensuring prompt initiative implementation
- Represent category requirements within the procurement organisation and act as a central focal point for BU communication and ensuring category requirements are recognised within purchasing strategy
- Interface with the full breadth of the procurement organisation with a focus on execution and compliance , and ensure best practice and local procurement activity development.
- Support the Specialty category by using best purchasing practices for local initiatives, ensuring pooling of spend/commodities across plants or regions is performed when relevant or achievable, and making sure that all relevant category procurement saving initiatives are recorded within the group Procurement savings tool.
- Support central purchasing tools and processes, in the form of implementation, maintenance or utilisation.
- Work seamlessly with other group functions that have a category focus ensuring commonality of purpose and shared resource input.
- Build strong relationships within the specific area of responsibility (i.e. Specialty (Alu.foil/Paper/Others) Category) between the BU's, central organisations, and Group Procurement.
- Facilitate strategy implementation
- Communication - Single point of contact for the Specialty Category
- Identify Category Savings opportunity
- Relationship Management internally & externally
- Perform category specific procurement activities
- CPM support & Market information
- Drive Best Practice & common approach
- Occupational Health, Safety and Environment
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years of relevant work experience in procurement
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- Relevant experience in an upstream or downstream company with a mature procurement function
- Experience in market and benchmark analysis at a broad level
- Innovation process experience considered advantageous