Do you have a background in Food and Agricultural Procurement? Looking for an exciting new opportunity to join an industry-leading snack food firm? Then look no further, the Senior Procurement Category Manager for Tree Nuts procurement position might be for you!
If interested, please apply via this advert, send me a message on Linked In with your CV or send your CV directly to me at
The Senior Category Manager is responsible for purchasing products from suppliers across the globe at the best conditions possible. He/she is permanently in contact with our suppliers and other sources of market intelligence so to offer competitive propositions to our customers. Initiating cost savings, identifying risks, running the raw material positions, and managing and executing the Category Strategy Plans are also key responsibilities of the position.
This is a key position within our clients Procurement team, with high visibility and close collaboration with the director level. The Senior Category Manager reports to the Procurement Director Tree Nuts and will ideally be based in Doetinchem, Netherlands, but this role can also be based in the UK and Germany.
- You will take charge of high-level negotiations, supplier development and key stakeholder engagement.
- You will follow up and understand the Tree Nuts markets to regularly report trends and movements internally and anticipate/identify the best timing for buying activities in collaboration with your management team.
- You will negotiate prices with our suppliers for the relevant product category being mindful of assigned categories and budgets.
- Together with key stakeholders, you will develop and achieve a pipeline of initiatives, projects, and activities with a focus on sustainable cost base reduction.
- You will identify and manage risks from the supplier base that would impact the objectives of greater whole (company, stakeholders, colleagues, consumers, customers, planet).
- You will establish long-term agreements with strategic and key suppliers, to secure volume and prices for our operating companies.
- You will liaise with suppliers and the company's internal stakeholders on new product development initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Procurement Director Finance and Procurement Director Tree Nuts, you will establish a monthly KPI and financial reporting regimen for your category.
- You will help to solve operational issues (e.g. delays, quality issues, …) if needed.
- You will frequently update the Category Strategy Plans for your assigned categories.
- You will inform the Sales and Marketing colleagues of the Operating Companies on market developments, via bulletins, webinars, video conferencing and visits.
- And you will support your team and the company in coherent development and application of our wider policies and objectives.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in business management or related field
- Procurement experience in agricultural commodity markets (3+ years)
- English language skills
- Assertive, convincing and with a commercial and competitive mindset
- Personal drive, pro-activity, a results-oriented mindset, and business acumen
- Team spirit, the ability to inspire others
- A sense of responsibility towards the company, colleagues, customers, and the planet