Summary of the Electrical Engineer:
Our client is a global leader in the Mining Industry and looking to add a skilled Senior Electrical Engineer to its team. This company is known for helping solve nature's challenges for customers and communities in a safe and sustainable way. As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will play a key role in leading all aspects of electrical and power distribution in the plant. The Senior Electrical Engineer will also need knowledge of Control Systems. Management for all plant engineering projects is another responsibility for the Senior Electrical Engineer.
Responsibilities of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
- Participate in the commissioning of engineering projects while ensuring budget goals are met
- Implement electrical engineering solutions to improve plant performance and reduce energy costs.
- Maintain electrical data, documentation, and drawings.
- Manage all aspects of long-term power supply needs and strategies.
- Design for electrical and control components of engineering projects.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to support site operations
- Develop and manage capital project engineering and construction contracts.
Qualifications of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with AC and DC power systems
- Working knowledge of power distribution systems, electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Experience in project engineering and project management, including budgeting, scheduling, contracting, and commissioning.
- Experience in designing, installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining electrical and control systems and equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, PLC programming, SCADA systems, and other software tools.