DSJ Global is currently partnered with a leading company in the Medical Device industry. Based in Memphis, Tennessee, this company is looking to bring on a Senior Manufacturing Engineer who will be responsible for the development of manufacturing methods to produce advanced technology products. The Manufacturing Engineer II will work under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager in the development of new processes, introduction of new products, cost reduction projects and capital justifications. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team who are leading the Medical Device industry.
As the Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide daily production floor support for Area of responsibility.
- Develop proposed JHA's for assigned projects under general supervision. Comply with all HSE training requirements and procedures. Identify and lead actions for HSE improvements with guidance from leaders as needed.
- Develop and maintain all manufacturing documentation per compliance in assigned areas under general supervision.
- Conduct investigations, identify and implement corrective and preventative actions, support the appropriate disposition of material by providing engineering inputs under general supervision in conjunction with the Quality group.
- Support engineering studies and process validation efforts under general supervision. Write protocols with guidance as needed from area/functional leadership.
- Develop methods for manufacturing components and assemblies of moderate complexity under general supervision. Create work instructions and routers. Design, develop, construct and implement simple tools, fixtures (includes test fixtures, as req'd.) and gages. Program machines as appropriate for site. Release work instructions, drawings, PM and calibration requirements and spare parts list. Support a number of process validation efforts. Works with project teams on project implementation and manages small scope projects or portions of a larger project.
- Participate in task-based execution with moderate guidance on larger impact Productivity projects, or lead smaller impact, less complex projects / Identify new productivity improvement projects and their value.
- Assist NPD lead engineer in design transfer deliverables under general supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of moderately complex GD&T including datum selection, dimensioning and tolerancing, maximum material condition, minimum material condition, geometric characteristic symbols, producibility and measurement considerations. Able to read, interpret and update drawings (details and assemblies) of moderate complexity. Basic understanding of measurement systems analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manufacturing Engineering Manager
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer should have the following experience:
- BS in Engineering, Science, or related field and 6+ years' experience OR MS in Engineering, Science, or related field and 5+ years' experience
- Substantial and demonstrated applicable experience in a manufacturing environment with shop floor expertise required.