Autonomous Start Up Seeking Senior Mechanical Engineer
- San Jose Area
- Competitive compensation + High growth potential + 401k+ Health benefits
A rapidly growing autonomous start up specializing in autonomous driving and is looking for a talented, motivated, and innovative Senior Mechanical Engineer. This organization's cutting edge technology enables drivers to drive hands-free, while eliminating the dangers of accidents and crashes. If selected, you will be the one of just a few Mechanical Engineers on-board, with visibility across the organization and owning programs, managing them from concept through completion. You will ultimately assist in bringing the powers of autonomous driving to a larger audience!
- Execute detailed 3D design to support the creation of Hardware prototypes and products.
- Through problem solving, collaborating and researching, you will develop a plan of execution for the problems you'll encounter during design and execution phases.
- Lead and drive JDM and manufacturing partners on the requirements of our components/systems.
- Lead design reviews with partners, troubleshoot issues to successful conclusion, ramp up custom mechanical parts/systems for mass production, audit and improve FATP fixtures and SOP, support FATP for all builds and into mass production, and support/solve issues raised by the installation team.
- Document parts and assemblies with 2D drawings, BOM, SOP, and SIP to support fabrication and assembly.
- Ensure all parts meet requirements in the following areas: regulatory, environmental, safety, reliability, and cosmetic quality control
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Travel to Asia-based custom parts and final assembly partners
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Mechanical Engineering
- 7 years MINIMUM FULL TIME PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE in consumer electronics or transportation industries
- Knowledge of medium and high volume manufacturing processes (Sheet-metal fabrication + plastic injection molding is a MUST)
- Proficiency in parametric 3D CAD (Creo) + CAD surfacing (Creo)
- Experience troubleshooting part/assembly performance and quality with
- overseas custom parts manufacturers
If Interested APPLY NOW !