Senior Procurement Manager
Company Summary: Proudly a Fortune 100 Manufacturing Company in the Food and Beverage Industry actively seeking a Senior Procurement Manager to join the team located in the downtown Chicago area. We've been experiencing exponential growth and seeking someone to continue that drive. This role is responsible for curating the blueprint for products and services accommodating products and services for people that are daily used. We are looking for someone with a keen eye and experience strategizing and evolving relationships with more than 60 global suppliers.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for:
- Performing quality checks and communicating with team management to ensure efficient day to day structure.
- Maintaining and establishing relations with vendors to ensure high quality and low cost.
- Leading global strategic sourcing events with key suppliers.
- Prioritizing a green certified environment and finding solutions to decrease waste across plants.
- Utilizing industry knowledge to evolve contracts with internal stakeholders.
The Procurement Specialist should have the following qualifications:
- Six Sigma; lean methodology
- 5 or more years proficient in JDA (Blue Yonder), APICS CSCP certification
- Strong critical thinking skills and a creative mindset.
- Ability to relentlessly question methods in place and implement updated practices.
- Experienced managing a team of procurement specialists.
Benefits: (think of the sizzle points)
- Catered lunch 3 times a week.
- Flexible hours & Remote abilities.
- Ability to work with stakeholders and collaborate as a key member.
- Competitive package centered around mental and physical well-being.
If you are interested in the Procurement Specialist role, then please don't wait to apply!