Senior Program Buyer
Plan, organize, direct, and control purchasing and procurement activities related to vehicle programs from development to 3 months after Start Of Production. (SOP)
- Tracking program timing and cost
- Manage the Plan For Every Part (PFEP) by layer and subsystem.
- Report on supplier readiness ensure part ordering meets the program timing requirements for all planned builds
- Execute and manage contingency part plans to support development.
- Managing Engineering Change Requests (ECR), timing and volume changes to the program, engaging commodity buyers on major changes.
- Execute and manage tooling POs from release to PPAP (including payables) including asset tagging and identifying tool location.
- Support commodity sourcing in selecting the optimal, capable source to support the program in all areas.
- Generate, distribute and negotiate all RFQ's for engineering design and tooling.
- Analyze spot buy quotes from suppliers & costs from potential suppliers and prepare for management review.
- Work with Logistics team and commodity buyer to identify optimal incoterms and packaging considerations to compare suppliers based on Best Landed Cost. (BLC) and optimize shipping schedules.
- Preparation and support to Commodity team for contract and sourcing negotiations
- Participate in engineering meeting and forward status and open issues to commodity team.
- Manage the AVL (Approved Vendor List) from the commodity purchasing team, ensure all suppliers are compliant with Supplier Quality requirements.
- Work with both internal and external teams and proactively resolve any potential issues that could cause Program delays from a purchasing perspective.
- Onboard suppliers to the Supplier Portal
- Report on supplier diversity in the program.
Examples of Duties:
- Conducts research of market conditions and relevant SWOT analysis to gather data for strategic planning.
- Investigates technology need for the program and propose Supplier On Board Agreements (SOBA) with Partners.
- Support commodity team to establish and implement sourcing strategies.
- Identifies Supplier candidates, establishes relationship to facilitate quoting process.
- Manage the completed RFI/RFQ packages to ensure policy compliance and documentation.
- Works with Supplier candidates and internal team to achieve best total landed cost.
- Works with team members to construct approval package for leadership consideration, including objective evaluation of key elements such as cost, quality & delivery.
- Attend build event to conduct on-site assessment and support logistic team in case of supplier escalations.
- In accordance with Commodity Sourcing Strategies, negotiate development cost of design to spec suppliers. Issue Letter of Intent and collaboration agreements with corresponding Purchase Orders.
- Issue tooling purchase orders and development cost.
- Tracks, monitors and updates material sourcing agreements as per pre-negotiated mechanisms.
- Monitors suppliers' performance and works with Supplier and team members to escalate issues and quickly resolve gaps.
- Track ECR's during program development and in production, to identify concerns and negotiates.
- Work with A/P and help resolve any Invoicing related issues.
- Participate in Supplier APQP and Launch readiness reviews.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Procurement principles including strategic sourcing and legal aspects of purchasing.
- Knowledge of EV and Automotive supply base.
- Knowledge of materials, products, manufacturing processes and market conditions in area of specialization.
- Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in complex communications such as negotiation and problem resolution.
- Skill in utilizing cost models in commercial negotiation.
- Ability to analyze supplier's cost breakdown and to identify areas of concern.
- Ability to prepare for and participate in the negotiation of commercial agreements such Statements of Work.
- Ability to benchmark processes for efficiency and cost.
- Experience with Oracle/SAP ERP, Excel (Advanced), MS office suite
- Experience in leading a project team.
- Ability to negotiate pricing and contract terms.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 8 years of Procurement experience in manufacturing; Or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to roll up systems from a commodity level to a system level.
- Ability to analyze cost and identify opportunities to consolidate spend to achieve greater savings.
- Experience working with Automotive / Electric Vehicle Commodities
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making.
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas.
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work.