There are several responsibilities that support the strategic purchasing and planning. These include:
- Execute business intelligence data across catalogs to drive supplier compliance on the delivery of high quantity goods and services. Monitor KPI indicators such supplier on time delivery, purchase order confirmations, inventory cycle count accuracy, and Purchase Price Variance (PPV).
- Support global strategic sourcing on the development and execution of sourcing projects using best in class project management methodologies.
- Incorporate contracts and statements of works into the Oracles Supplier Master, Approved Supplier Lists and Blanket Purchase Agreements to support active purchases.
- Review MRP/demand planning requirements and understand component forecasting and usage and ensure supplier understanding of PO requirements for long-term product availability.
- Maintain cross functional communication to ensure awareness of product additions or changes in specifications as a part change control process.
- Ensure sufficient stocked quantities are maintained as authorized to achieve production and customer support demands; utilizing all available tools including confirmations, safety stock, reorder points, I.T. deliveries and forecast demand.
- Manage purchasing processes including confirmations, expediting orders, and tracking supplier KPI's and
- Work as a collaborative partner within SIOP (Sales Inventory Operations Planning) process
- Monitor incoming shipments and ensure level loading between East and West coast
- Communicate with Customer Service and other departments regarding product availability supply constraints.
- Lead action plans for managing slow moving and excess
- Contribute to the development of standards and implement procedures for materials planning, product acquisition, inventory control, material distribution and logistics
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or chemical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing or production planning experience, preferably in the chemical
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Oracle ERP and MRP
- Knowledge of demand forecasting
- Proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally to support continuous improvement
- APICS certification
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated expertise in a procurement role.
- Demonstrated professional process management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation
- Strong customer service
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative