Job Description: Senior Quality Systems Engineer
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Senior Quality Systems Engineer to join our dynamic team in the metal industry. As a Senior Quality Systems Engineer, you will play a vital role in ensuring the highest standards of quality and compliance across our manufacturing processes and products. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining robust quality management systems and driving continuous improvement initiatives. Your expertise in quality systems, metallurgical processes, and industry regulations will be instrumental in maintaining our reputation for delivering exceptional products to our customers.
- Develop and implement effective quality management systems and processes to ensure compliance with industry standards and customer requirements.
- Define, document, and communicate quality objectives, policies, and procedures throughout the organization, fostering a culture of quality and continuous improvement.
- Lead cross-functional teams to establish and maintain quality metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs), and quality improvement initiatives.
- Conduct thorough audits, inspections, and assessments to identify areas for improvement and ensure compliance with quality standards, regulations, and certifications.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including engineering, production, and procurement teams, to resolve quality-related issues and implement corrective and preventive actions (CAPAs).
- Provide technical guidance and support to manufacturing teams regarding quality processes, material selection, and metallurgical best practices.
- Champion the implementation of statistical process control (SPC) techniques and quality tools to drive process improvements, reduce defects, and enhance overall product quality.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes related to quality systems and metallurgical processes, and provide recommendations for adapting our systems and processes accordingly.
- Lead investigations into customer complaints and non-conformances, facilitating root cause analysis and implementing effective corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Train and mentor junior quality professionals, ensuring their understanding and adherence to quality standards, processes, and methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Metallurgy, or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in quality systems engineering within the metal industry, with a focus on metallurgical processes.
- Strong knowledge of quality management systems, such as ISO 9001, AS9100, or similar standards, and their application within manufacturing environments.
- Familiarity with metal fabrication processes, including casting, machining, forging, heat treatment, and surface treatment.
- Proficient in conducting audits, root cause analysis, and implementing corrective actions.
- Experience in using statistical tools and methodologies, such as SPC, Six Sigma, or lean manufacturing, to drive process improvements and reduce defects.
- Excellent understanding of metallurgical principles, material properties, and failure analysis techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex data sets and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across different departments and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Quality-related certifications, such as Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), are highly desirable.