A global leader in the pharmaceutical and consumer health industry is looking to develop their sourcing team in Switzerland. This greenfield role offers the opportunity to join a global team, and make a direct impact on the sourcing strategy. With over 15,000 employees globally, you will be joining a workforce known for putting people first. With benefits such as remote work (within Switzerland), this role is great if you are looking for a higher degree of flexibility.
- Defining and implementing the global category strategy for chemicals, active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients and other raw materials.
- Lead global negotiations and manage key supplier relationships. Identify, qualify and onboard new suppliers, ensuring quality, reliability and cost-effectiveness.
- Establish and enhance procurement processes, driving continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Manage cross-functional projects with R&D, manufacturing and sustainability teams.
- Multiple years' experience in global procurement, specifically in raw materials or chemicals. Experience in the pharmaceutical/chemical industry will be beneficial
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. Strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively and drive innovation.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work with all levels of the organization, including director level and c-suite. Professional fluency in English is essential, other languages advantageous. Strong personal and influencing skills, with the ability to take a hands-on approach
- Educational background in science (bachelors, masters, PHD) will be extremely beneficial.