Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist
One of the leading chemical intermediates and surfactants producers is currently looking for a Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join their team in Dayton, TX. You will develop, implement, and maintain assigned sourcing strategies that support and advance the company's Strategic Sourcing objectives and policies. You will also perform business analysis, evaluate market conditions, negotiate agreements to support cost reduction initiatives and coordinate MRO and Contracts and Services sourcing initiatives for Dayton and other IOD sites as needed. Perform special projects as assigned.
- Develop and manage relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders yielding effective partnerships.
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives including development and execution of clearly defined sourcing events; document bid process through supplier communication; drive the selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; conduct supplier negotiations; and ongoing supplier management.
- Effectively use SAP to create and maintain supplier agreements, pricing, or commodity analytics in a timely manner and streamline procurement processes.
- Effectively interact and communicate with manufacturing, project management and suppliers regarding commodity management activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering with equivalent work experience in a manufacturing or chemical environment.
- 5+ Years in Procurement in managing service and MRO categories in Oil and Gas or Petrochemicals industry
- A high degree of proficiency in SAP 3.6 or higher.
- Strategic sourcing or supply chain management experience (contracts and vendor management, supplier evaluation, regulatory compliance, segmentation & taxonomy).