In this position the Shift Supervisor will be reporting directly to the Production Manager of the Plant, and will have direct supervision of 5-10 supervisors as well as 75-100 hourly employees at one time. This person will be responsible for ensuring that all direct reports are well-trained and performing their respective job functions properly, while maintaining a clean and efficient work area to meet all cost objectives and quality goals. They will also provide direct leadership within areas such as receiving and preparation of raw materials, labeling and shipping of those materials, fill and close seaming processes, as well as thermal retort processes. Additionally, this shift supervisor is responsible for creating operating and capital budgets to collaborate and successfully achieve short and long range objectives.
- Works alongside the Quality assurance management team to ensure all direct reports are compliant with the firms Good Manufacturing Practices program (GMPs).
- Directly responsible for the training and development of team members to ensure all operational objectives are being achieved on time
- Lead the team to meet all area, company, and plant goals in an efficient and timely manner
- Implement safety-training programs that are developed by the safety coordinator to achieve plant goal of zero recordable accidents
- Must be able to devote necessary time to accommodate variable shifts, weekends, and overtime if necessary at management's discretion
- Create, implement, and analyze operational budgets using root cause analysis to improve overall performance
- Plan and oversee vendor relations, negotiations, safety performance, site communication, and overall coordination of activities related to specific projects
- Bachelor's Degree in business related field required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Food / Beverage or Packaging Production environment
- This person must be a good team player and collaborate daily to achieve maximum efficiency within production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to navigate basic software programs including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a quick and appropriate manner