DSJ Global is currently parented with one of the leading health supplements companies in the US. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a multi-site packaging operation and will offer significant career advancement opportunities.
- Manager a multisite 450 employee packaging operation
- Lead the Consumer Products Packaging team, which has responsibility for Engineering, Design, and Innovation.
- Lead through influence, helping decision makers manage progress, understanding risk, evaluating alternatives, and driving solutions forward.
- Drive key partnerships with Category and Business Unit leadership, internal cross-functional teams, and external suppliers to harmonize with customer/market priorities and incorporate into pipeline and strategies. Ensure establishment of robust feedback loops to continuously improve our innovation process.
- Partner with Technical Services, Quality and Engineering leadership to deliver operational results.
- Actively engage team and deliver significant capital and technological projects.
- Deliver equipment, lines, and supporting systems through user requirements, design, build, verification, qualification, validation, and subsequent operation.
- Develop local processes and procedures for the operational function.
- Ensure practice matches procedure.
- Ensure the functions are aligned and driven to meet production throughput goals including daily operation of the manufacturing lines, deviation and change management, variability reduction, and equipment/system reliability.
- Champion continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain metrics to measure performance against business objectives and make necessary changes to improve performance.
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies associated with the area sponsoring or supporting the following initiatives: Continuous Improvement, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and Failure Modes Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- A Bachelor's Degree is required in order to be considered for this position (Engineering field of study is highly preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years of packaging experience
- Experience leading multisite operations is highly preferred (Candidates experience managing a single site of 300+ employees may be considered)
- Must have experience in one of the following industries, Nutraceuticals, Packaging, Food/Beverage, Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Packaged Goods
- Proven success designing, implementing, communicating, and meeting KPI goals, including reducing supply chain costs, improving through-put, shortening cycle time, and improving inventory turns.
- Significant experience in implementation of complex Lean principals as they apply to manufacturing operations.