This organization seeks a highly analytical and experienced Planning Analyst to join our team. As a Planning Analyst, you are responsible for driving systems, processes and tools to optimize the internal and external manufacturing and distribution capacity for the company.
A successful candidate in this role can blend quantitative research and qualitative analysis to enable tools to plan factory production and incoming materials to meet demand. They are also proficient in recognizing gaps in materials, WIP and/or logistics that hinder the plan and seek to resolve them with the appropriate partner organization. Candidate is adept at communicating needs with partner organizations and resolving systemic issues that are a barrier to enterprise success.
- Uses Excel, Netsuite, Demand Caster, Tableau or other such tools as necessary to pull actionable information from enterprise systems.
- Develops and implements SOPs for production planning that enable the systemic improvement of the planning and supply chain organization.
- Communicates plans and activities broadly to enterprise wide organizations and surfaces schedule conflicts quickly.
- Resolved routine conflicts efficiently with peers and superiors and escalates issues when necessary.
Influencing and Optimizing:
- Identifies root cause of chronic issues, proposes and drives improvements to solve internal and external to the planning group.
- Negotiates allocation of limited capacities with partner organizations with minimal input from management.
- Participates, actively drives and champions adoption of newly implemented systems, procedures and tools.
- Is and is perceived as Subject Matter Expert for Production Planning organization.
Qualifications and Behaviors:
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of relevant experience, or master's with 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience production planning experienced in rapidly growing company with emerging tools and processes or equivalent exposure.
- 5+ years of experience using quantitative tools (Excel, Tableau, SQL)
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing processes that improve capabilities within commonly used ERP systems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word. Advanced report writing experience, pivot table experience and data graphing required.
- College-level math skills, including the ability to calculate percentages and margins
- High tolerance of ambiguity and comfortable working to weekly deliverables in a highly complex and collaborative environment.
- Strong demonstrated history of problem solving using analytical techniques.
- Lean Six Sigma exposure a plus.