Sr. Safety Specialist Opportunity
Our client, a global leader within the semiconductor industry, is looking for an Sr. Safety Specialist to join their rapidly expanding team in Connecticut. This innovative company has a steadfast commitment to demonstrating their desire to constantly push the boundaries of what is possible within the Technology industry. This globally recognized company brings the most innovative and creative minds in technology together to help solve some of our society's most difficult challenges. This company is looking to expand their EHS team in their Connecticut site in order to continue ensuring the highest quality of production and manufacturing of their complex products.
The Sr. Safety Specialist will be responsible for:
- Provide technical expertise in the development of all Workplace Health & Safety Programs
- Work directly with operational management, as well as cross functional teams, to ensure compliance with all safety plans, risk assessments, procedure reviews, and more.
- Manage and lead site audits, risk assessments activities, root cause analysis, and implement / maintain corrective actions.
- Mentoring and coaching junior employees and incident response team and provide expertise in relevant EHS standards and regulations.
- Oversee and manage hazardous waste program, industrial hygiene plan, incident investigations, internal audits, and process changes
- Developing and implementing new, state-of-the-art processes and procedures across cross-functional departments to ensure compliance with company policies
The Sr. Safety Specialist should have the following qualifications:
- Excellent team leader with a proven track record of leading a successful team and a desire to drive collaboration
- Experience in reading and interpreting data, information, and documents related to EHS regulations and standards
- Work effectively with cross functional teams and upper management
- Proven expertise in the following:
- Hands-on experience working with OSHA regulations / standards, hazardous materials, and mechanical engineering processes
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related field preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to work autonomously and provide proactive communication with each of the facility's departments
- Multiple shifts open!
- Relocation assistance
- Endless opportunities for career growth & development
If you are interested in the Sr. Safety Specialist role, then please don't hesitate to apply!