Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist- Plant and Corporate Services
- Location: Houston, TX
- Flexibility: Hybrid
One of the leading chemical intermediates and surfactants producers is currently looking for a Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join their team in the Woodlands, TX. You will develop, implement, and maintain assigned sourcing strategies that support and advance the company's Strategic Sourcing objectives and policies. You will focus on supporting plant functions (engineering services, MRO, etc) as well touch in corporate services (IT services, HR services etc.).
- Develop and manage relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders yielding effective partnerships.
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives including development and execution of clearly defined sourcing events; document bid process through supplier communication; drive the selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; conduct supplier negotiations; and ongoing supplier management.
- Effectively use SAP to create and maintain supplier agreements, pricing, or commodity analytics in a timely manner and streamline procurement processes.
- Effectively interact and communicate with manufacturing, project management and suppliers regarding commodity management activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering with equivalent work experience in a manufacturing or chemical environment.
- 10+ Years in Procurement in managing service and MRO categories, supporting plant operations, indirect categories, and/or corporate services (HR, Legal, IT, etc.)
- A high degree of proficiency in SAP 3.6 or higher.
- Strategic sourcing or supply chain management experience (contracts and vendor management, supplier evaluation, regulatory compliance, segmentation & taxonomy).