Strategic Buyer - Professional Services
- Location: Las Vegas, NV, Atlanta, GA, or St. Louis, MI
Our client, an international medical device organization focused on developing therapies, is looking for a Strategic Buyer - Professional Services that will report into the Head of Procurement. This role can either sit in their St. Louis, MO, Las Vegas, NV, or Atlanta GA locations.
The Strategic Buyer - Professional Services will also play a key part in the expansion and development of the team's procurement function and will be managing the development of the strategies for professional/corporate services, with a high focus on the IT commodity. The successful individual in this role will be working on a global scale across the US, UK, Mexico, and China to set category strategies for these regions.
The Strategic Buyer - Professional Services will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead supplier negotiations for complex categories
- Research alternate suppliers and negotiate pricing based on forecasting from end users
- Develop, maintain and actively manage relationships with key strategic suppliers to optimize total cost of ownership
- Assist with the development of investigations and root cause analyses on any supply disruptions or material quality related issues
- Use raw data to make sound business decisions and category management assumptions
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- 5+ year's of sourcing/procurement experience (preferably indirect commodities)
- High communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- APICS certification desired