- Develop and execute a strategic sourcing plan to create synergies that lower costs and enable efficient sourcing and contracting.
- Develop and implement Sourcing strategy which mitigates risk for the company.
- Responsible for the management and development of the procurement team.
- Manage timely strategic sourcing events, negotiate supply agreements and contracts to ensure lowest cost and supply continuity.
- Successfully document and articulate savings and other value-added benefits to the business.
- Work closely with the Company's cost accounting manager to develop, measure and maintain standard costs that will serve as budget and the benchmark for purchase price variance analysis and reporting (PPV's).
- Eliminate/minimize packaging and raw material obsolescence.
- Participate in projects involving functional areas such as R&D, Operations, Sales and Marketing.
- 5 plus years of experience in procurement. Speciality chemical experience is huge plus
- Must be experienced in strategic sourcing and have a proven background of successful procurement strategy implementation.
- Must be equal parts strategic and tactical.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- CPSM, CSCP, CPM or CPIM a plus.
- S. in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering, or 10+ years of relevant experience in lieu of degree. MBA preferred