Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect Procurement
- Location: Greater Memphis, TN
- (40 minutes outside downtown Memphis)
- Onsite/in office presence required
- Level: Manager
Our client, a premier and global chemicals organization, is looking for an Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect Procurement to build out the indirect strategic sourcing strategies for the organization as this is a new role on the team!
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect Procurement is a newly created position within the organization as the successful candidate will develop the strategy for all Americas spend ($200M+). Our client is looking for someone with 5+ years of experience who is interested in stepping into a broad corporate/professional services commodities role overseeing categories like: HR, travel, consulting services, IT, etc. This role would also report into the Head of Procurement, and will have the autonomy and trust to work independently on these major projects.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect Procurement will be responsible for:
- Drive supplier performance, contract effectiveness, collaboration and integration and deliver improved results with key suppliers within assigned commodities.
- Develop and implement strategies for assigned commodities that actively search for performance improvement and cost reduction opportunities by understanding customer needs, supply market trends and innovation
- Highly collaborate with the sales, maintenance operations, and supply chain teams
- Conduct detailed demand, spend, cost and market analysis and a structured approach to tendering and negotiating with suppliers
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect Procurement has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or other related field
- 5+ years of sourcing experience (indirect/professional services commodity experience required)
- Passion for the chemicals industry or to join the industry
- Excitement to build a strategic sourcing organization from the ground up