Our client, a global chemicals organization, is searching for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join their corporate indirect sourcing team within their shared services group for the commercial business and report directly into the Head of Procurement.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will work closely with functional leaders to plan and implement category management and sourcing strategies aligned with business objectives. A successful candidate will build a strong partnership with relative business leaders to manage demand, current and future road maps and vendor partnerships.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading strategic sourcing efforts and supplier negotiations, as well as managing contracts and license agreements to ensure that obligations are met and the process for tracking renewals or replacement of existing agreements is managed and scalable
- Developing category management strategy and building out strategy for both direct and indirect categories
- Category management: Indirect services and commodities (i.e. Capex, MRO, Engineering Services, Facility Services)
- Working with legal, IT, and finance on approval of agreements per signature authorization policy
- Preparing RFQs, bid documents, analyzing and evaluating proposals, and administering the evaluation process
- Using insights from stakeholder discussions, data research, and developing a strong understanding of business initiatives to create structured information analyses
The Strategic Sourcing Manager has the following qualifications:
- 8+ years' experience in strategic sourcing for MRO and Contract Services categories as well as Direct procurement categories within the Petrochemicals, Oil & Gas or Chemicals industries
- 4+ years' experience in team management
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- SAP proficiency
- Midstream experience is a must