Strategic Sourcing Specialist needed for a BIG Leading American Manufacturer!!
- Fully on-site, Southern California Based
- Mid level-Senior level role
- Manufacturing Industry experience/background is a must
- Relocation assistance is available
- Individual Contributor
American Manufacturing Team looking for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist!
This sourcing specialist will report directly to the Purchasing Manager, primarily communicating with the Director of Purchasing and deploy global procurement supply chain strategies to ensure company success. This individual will also be passionate about representing the company and work in amazing company culture.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinating and implementing Purchasing strategies with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate major projects and launch new products through management of vendors and commodities
- Work cross functionally with 5 different teams and their respective commodities
- Develop and maintain department focus on new and existing market knowledge to improve strategies
- Drive continuous improvement through Value engineering leadership and components
- Skillfully interview suppliers that best suite the needs of the purchasing department and drive down costs with negotiation.
The ideal candidate MUST have the following skill set:
- 4+ years of experience in Purchasing, Strategic Sourcing, Procurement
- Manufacturing industries experience (auto, aerospace, machine, etc)
- SAP, EXCEL skill/experience
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Bachelor's degree:
- Business, supply chain, operations, engineering, etc (flexible/open)
- Auto, Heavy manufacturing, or Aerospace industry experience
- APICS AND/OR CM CERTIFICATION IS A STRONG PLUS