Supplier Quality Engineer Needed for a Leading Machine Company
- Location: Greater Philadelphia area.
A leading Machine Manufacturer is in search of a Supplier Quality Engineer who will manage a team and provide strategic direction and leadership in the areas of operations, production, quality, manufacturing, and supplier quality. They will manage and check all inbound products from suppliers and ensure that all products are up to quality standards.
This Multi-Billion-Dollar organization is looking for a strong and ambitious Supplier Quality Engineer to manage in bound products. This person will be directly involved in the planning, directing, and administration of long term and day-to-day quality and production as well as safety and manufacturing initiatives in this facility. If you are a tenacious and seasoned Quality Engineer - This is the role for you!
- Work directly with suppliers to ensure all products are up to quality standards.
- Travel to suppliers to do audits on the supplier quality standards to ensure they are inline.
- Work cross functionally with engineering, production, manufacturing, and continuous improvement.
- Work with the CI and OPEX teams to help improve quality procedures and systems within the supply chain through lean six sigma application.
- Report all quality issues and run root analysis to help fix or improve the process.
- Work on specific specialized projects within quality.
- Bachelor's degree within engineering preferred.
- Four years of quality experience within a manufacturing industry.
- Strong understanding of ISO, PPAP, 8D, and PFMEA.
- Extremely strong organization, communication, and computer skills.
- Willing to travel to supplier's sites.
- Ability to manage and direct a team of quality professionals.