Job Title: Technical Buyer
Location: Bern, Switzerland (80% in office needed but negotiable.
My client are a leading machinery company based in Bern, Switzerland and are currently seeking an experienced Technical Buyer to join their small procurement hub. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in purchasing, sourcing, and supply chain management, as well as experience in the machinery industry. My client produced milling machines for some of the leading Pharma, FMCG and healthcare companies.
- Identifying and sourcing new suppliers and vendors for machinery components and materials
- Negotiating contracts and pricing with suppliers and vendors
- Managing the purchasing process from RFQ to PO and ensuring on-time delivery of goods
- Maintaining accurate records of purchase orders and shipments
- Monitoring inventory levels and ensuring timely reordering of materials
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure timely delivery of materials and components to support production schedules
- Continuously researching and analyzing market trends and new suppliers to identify cost-saving opportunities
- Supporting the planning and execution of the overall supply chain strategy
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role in the machinery industry
- Strong technical knowledge of purchasing and sourcing principles and practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Proficient in MS Office and purchasing/inventory management software
- Fluent in German and English, knowledge of French is an advantage
My client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment. If you are a results-driven individual with a passion for purchasing and supply chain management, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.