A global leader in science and technology is looking to add a Trade Compliance Manager to their growing team. This is a REMOTE role that will have a possible hybrid set up in 2022. The Trade Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring Import/Export expectations are defined, fulfilled and maintained for products received.
- Oversee and provide guidance on compliance matters which are not limited to but include customer and restricted party screening, tariff, origin, ECCN classification, and preferential origin status.
- Define, implement, and enforce import/export standard work processes and foster functional ownership and coordination of trade compliance information into the organization to ensure compliance with company and governmental rules and regulations.
- Assist with audits to ensure compliance
- Assist team in making sourcing decisions with regards to duty rates, availability of preferential treatment programs, known trade barriers, and other trade risks
- Evaluate risks, determine areas of non-compliance, raise awareness of export/import control issues through focused training and communications.
- Provide support to the duty drawback program.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- BS/BA Degree
- 3 years Import/Export Experience
- Knowledge of U.S. export control laws, regulations, and preferential duty programs.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to set and accomplish Company goals.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present them in a technical environment.