Job Title: Vehicle Controls Engineer II
Job Location: San Francisco Bay Area
The Vehicle Controls Engineer II will be responsible for the development of the body controller algorithms for all vehicles including the first in class zero emission bus.
- Body Control System
- Low Voltage Sensors and Actuators
- Vehicle Onboard Monitoring Systems
- Vehicle Distributed Control Systems
- Vehicle Control Communications Protocols
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop customized algorithms for various components and sub-systems on the bus
- Develop functional requirements for the body controller, communication interfaces, diagnostics and fault detection for new vehicles
- Bring up the prototype buses. This requires hands-on troubleshooting, testing, and data collecting to solve complex issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus a minimum of 3 years of progressive engineering experience in vehicle controls development
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot automotive electrical systems
- Comfortable working around low voltage and high voltage systems
- Ladder logic controls such as Allen-Bradley or Siemens PLC
- Software development using C/C++ or model development
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting electrical systems using tool such as function generator, multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Opened and closed loop control systems for sensors, actuators, body controller, ECUs, etc.
- Manufacturing processes and environment
- Heavy-Duty vehicle
- CAN-Bus, LIN, and Ethernet communication protocol
- J1939/CAN tools such as CANalyzer, P-CAN, Kvaser, CANoe, CANApe, etc.