A Global Specialist in Energy & Automation Manufacturing is searching to add an Automation & Controls Engineer to their team at their Lexington, KY facility. This is a Smart Factory with a Union environment. If you are looking for a chance to learn new skills, take your career to the next level, and establish your mark on the future of this industry this is the role for you!
As an Automation and Control Engineer, a typical day for you might include…
- Controls/Technical support for 1st Shift production including fabrication, metal finishing, and assembly, through troubleshooting and determining root causes for downtime events.
- Production barrier identification and elimination for various levels of automation including: stamping presses, welders, conveyors, automated assembly, and robotics.
- Update, modify, and continuously improve existing controls systems including: robotics, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, pneumatic/hydraulic distribution
- Design and develop new machine controls including robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems
- Coordinate with production and maintenance on existing machine control modifications or installations
- Create, maintain and keep current all documentation: electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics; panel layouts; PLC, operator display, operator interface, and robot programs.
- Implement and maintain data collection system for shop floor production equipment
- 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment as an automated and controls engineer
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field
- Experience with Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic Systems
- Project Management Experience