Title: Automation Engineer
Job Type: Direct Hire / Full-time
Salary: $95,000 - 120,000
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Reports to: Engineering Director/Manager
Are you an adept engineer with a zeal for automation and innovation? We're on the lookout for an Automation Engineer to join a vibrant team in Philadelphia. This role empowers you to envision, develop, and implement state-of-the-art manufacturing processes for new business ventures. Your proficiency in PLC systems, machine vision, and computer networking will be pivotal in propelling the success of our projects and leaving a lasting mark on our organization.
- Collaborate with Sales and Business Development teams to conceptualize manufacturing processes, aligning with new business prospects.
- Specify equipment needs (URS), draft RFQs, and secure quotes from vendors. Oversee assembly automation construction, ensuring adherence to budget and timeline.
- Leverage your robust statistical background to conduct equipment DOEs, streamline processes, and guarantee top-notch production quality.
- Spearhead the formulation of protocols for FAT and SAT, ensuring equipment meets rigorous quality benchmarks.
- Engage with customers to ascertain prerequisites for new products/orders, offering valuable insights into equipment and tooling necessities.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the engineering team, fostering an atmosphere of innovation and continual enhancement.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of industry experience in equipment purchasing, validation, and project management.
Certification: Six Sigma certification preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in assembly, packaging, and serialization automation equipment.
- Adept with PLC systems.
- Proficient in machine vision and inspection devices.
- Knowledge of computer networking.
- Strong applied statistics skills for manufacturing process capability and variation reduction.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to lead project teams and collaborate effectively with customers and operations personnel.
- Competent in project planning and execution.
- Profound problem-solving and analytical skills.
If you're ready to be part of an innovative team and drive the future of drug delivery device automation, apply today. Join an organization that is revolutionizing healthcare technology!