A company that is a leader in the development and production of plastic packaging solutions is searching for a Category Manager.
The position will involve reporting to General Manager, optimise procurement activity for the company (Spain and Portugal) by using plant and group synergies (increased volume advantage, product specialisation/know-how sharing).
- Category Manager - Responsible for the management of the purchasing of all logistics services, external services, recycling services, secondary packaging material, IT hardware, general services, telecom, masterbatch and PPG.
- Coordination of raw material purchases
- Coordination of Energy purchases
- Waste Management and Recycling Services
- Setup a team of Category Managers
- Control financial health of suppliers.
- Identifying and selecting suppliers, construction of a supplier panel
- Contract Management: Negotiating terms of contracts
- Monitor all product developments on market
- Organise a Weekly Tender Committee by country (Stakeholders, category managers)
- Elaboration of quotation requests together with users of industrial equipment
- Identification of procurement synergies
- Bench marking / cooperation with other regions
- Implementation of procurement procedures
- Implementation of ERP (Procurement AX)
Skills and Experience Required:
- University Degree in Business Administration, Economics or Supply Chain Management or any equivalent education
- Proven experience as a purchasing manager preferably in the packaging industry
- Possibly with experience in supply chain management and ERP implementation
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Team work, Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-responsibility and willingness to travel (up to 40-50%)
- Intercultural management
- Fluent English, Spanish and French
Expectations of the company:
- Integration in a dynamic team and an international working environment within a 100% family owned company
- A diverse range of challenging tasks with a high degree of self-responsibility
- Individual performance will be remunerated and further development professionally supported