A leading Frozen Food delivery company that has operations near Dusseldorf, Germany currently have a Category Manager for Frozen food role available!
This role will see you engaged with the appropriate business leaders and stakeholders and be responsible for the execution of the sourcing strategy associated with the assigned portfolio of the chilled food category.
Fluency in Germany is required
- Degree-level education
- At least 3+ years experience in purchasing chilled food
- Practice in a cross-departmental coordination and interface function
- Ability to manage and moderate complex projects in German and English
- Excellent track record of carrying out category management/buyer responsibilities and projects
- Enjoyment of designing changes and interest in building up a new sub-business area with great creative leeway and corresponding development potential
- Experience in MS Office
- Establishment of the new Chilled Food Category
- Coordination of the interfaces to relevant areas such as category management internally and with all associated areas, primarily SCM, QM, sales and marketing
- Development of new strategies to compliment the existing frozen food ones
- Intensive market research to identify suitable articles from various sub-categories in the area of chilled food as well as determination of product specifications
- Identification of suitable production partners/vendors and management of negotiations, including final order placement