Global Professional Services & IT Category Manager
Work Situation: Remote
Our client, a leading chemical company, is searching for a Global Professional Services & IT Category Manager. This individual will negotiate critical contracts at the local, regional, or global levels. Implements global purchasing and company policies and procedures for the assigned portfolio. Provides direct management, guidance, and leadership to purchasing staff and/or BPO partner. This individual is a key strategic partner of Human Resources, Legal, Finance, SH&E and IT. Develops commercial sourcing strategy in alignment with key stakeholders
The Global Category Manager will be responsible for:
- Develops and implements purchasing strategies that incorporate contracts, purchasing tools and supplier management techniques.
- Selects suppliers and negotiates contracts for assigned portfolio of goods and services contracts can be negotiated at local, regional, or global level.
- Ensures the development and review of market intelligence for assigned portfolio of goods and services.
- Manage or lead Purchasing staff within a region. Effectively practices Performance Based Management by coaching and developing matrixed employees, and assuring effective alignment with the matrix functions.
The Global Category Manager has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years industry-related purchasing experience.