Context of the position:
This position will identify, organize, and control hardware configuration changes. Identify and coordinate processes for version management, system build, backup and recovery, archiving, and change management. Oversee baseline configurations for hardware assets
* Provides training and guidance in the use of product data management (PDM) tools and processes.
* Ensures compliance with configuration and change management policies and procedures, especially with regard to product definition data.
* Manages a staff of CM Specialists and technical personnel in the Configuration and Change Management department in the performance of change order processing through impact analysis, strategic approval, planning, detail design, final approval and release to ERP system
* Provides guidance to individuals performing configuration management tasks in other departments.
* Develops, implements, interprets and monitors, configuration management policies and processes.Recommends modifications as appropriate.
* May provide management direction to configuration management challenges.
* Reports to management on the health and performance of configuration management processes and systems
* Supports development of department budgets and staffing justifications
* Other duties as required.
* Previous experience as a manager or team lead for complex projects/activities.
* 7-10 yearsof total experience in manufacturing engineering, product engineering, supply chain management, or configuration management.Experience in multiple disciplines preferred.
* Minimum five (5) years hands-on experience with product data management systems and/or ERP systems. Experience with Siemens Team Center and SAP ERP is preferred
* Uses strong project management skills in facilitating projects/activities.
* Demonstrates an aptitude for training in group and individual settings
* Requires general knowledge of supply chain, factory and field support operations, and in particular the effects of configuration management on those operations
* Certifications by and affiliations with relevant industry associations desirable, such as Configuration Management Institute, APICS, ASME are desired