This role, reporting to the VP of Integrated Business Planning, is responsible for end to end planning and optimization of the SKU portfolio. This includes production planning and inventory analysis to ensure the customers' requirements are met and inventory is maintained at optimal levels. The Director of Supply Planning is responsible for managing a team of Supply Planners to plan and distribute products from their supply source.
Leading and developing a team to balance supply and demand in a constraint-based environment (capacity, labor, planned downtime, working capital, storage, etc.). This role is responsible for the development of the short thru long-range production plan based upon various inputs and constraints that include the demand plan, factory capacity, labor, line rates, planned maintenance, holidays, capital installation, working capital, etc.
- Aids in developing tools and processes in establishing an end to end Planning department.
- Leads the IBP Step 3 Supply Reviews. Identifies bottlenecks, excess capacity and provides recommendations for optimal resource management.
- Develops best practice SOP's for effective management of inventories, planning, master data management, planning systems logic and ongoing Supply Planning team development.
- Leads inventory planning and coordinates replenishment in support of finished goods production. Recommends and maintains production EOQ's for finished goods inventory target parameters. Analyzes inventory for shortages and expiring components to reduce waste. Monitors and reports inventory with respect to shelf life, target inventory levels and conformance to production schedules.
- Supervises Production Schedulers accountable for the finite schedule (daily and weekly finished goods) for 6 plants, while optimizing capacity, inventory and financial objectives.
- Develops and reviews capacities for short thru long-range demand versus plant capability. Designing and implementing both near and long term production strategies to improve service levels, capacity utilization while maintaining target inventory levels and minimal distress inventory.
- Creates, implements and monitors supply chain KPI's to drive business improvements.
- Identifies and continuously improves planning tools and process. Reviews finished goods for customer order shortages and notifies Customer Service, Manufacturing and Logistics, as appropriate.
- Facilitates new product rollouts and coordinates product discontinuations with Procurement, Sales, R&D and Manufacturing within the ERP (Microsoft Dynamics 365) environment.
- Works closely with the Sales, Manufacturing, Finance, Customer Service and Procurement to ensure timeliness of information and data accuracy to avoid supply chain disruptions.
- Responsible for the timely aggregation and dissemination of reports and communications.
- Proactively manages and develops the performance of direct reports and team members through performance management, calibration, resource review and planning, capability, disciplinary, training and development.
- Works closely with IT to bring online new tools and supports processes to drive efficiency into the supply planning process.
- Willing to travel up to 15-20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications:
- 4 year degree preferably in Supply Chain Management is required or 10 years' experience within in Supply Planning Manger role in lieu of
- 7+ years supply planning experience with integrated ERP system skills
- Min. 3 year management experience
- Experience in Food CPG industry is preferred
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Highly analytical with practical experience in Excel and BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience implementing and using planning tools such as Microsoft D365, SAP, JDA, Manugistics, Logility, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all parameters, factors, inputs and outputs required to develop effective supply plans and drive best practice and process improvements.
- APICS CPIM certification desirable
- Building Effective Teams. Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Comfort Around Higher Management Can deal comfortably with senior managers; can present to senior managers without undue tension and nervousness; understands how senior managers think and work; can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs; can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
- Conflict Management. Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Dealing with Ambiguity. Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Functional/Technical Skills. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Managing & Measuring Work. Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Peer Relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.