DSJ Global is partnered with a top-performing manufacturing company specializing in the production of renewable products, located in Atlanta, GA. The EHS Director will be responsible for the establishment of safety and an environmental-focused culture of the company. The EHS director will provide an overall sense of direction, management, and leadership to ultimately establish and maintain Safety and Environmental Management Programs within the organization.
- Leads the development and maintenance of environmental health & safety, management, strategy, and functional excellence for the organization.
- Drives objectives, plans, standards, global procedures, and policies, while overseeing the successful implementation and integration of all phases of the EHS Management System.
- Creates project timelines by leading the analysis, budget, communication, and integration to establish business workflow.
- Develops short and long-term organizational goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness.
- Evaluates programs and procedures for all facilities that enhance EHS awareness and compliance with state and country regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Shows an understanding of federal regulations and OSHA in performance of health and safety management.
- Bachelor's degree in occupational health, safety, or a related scientific field.
- Track record in EHS, with 10+ years of experience in related field.
- EHS professional experience at a chemical manufacturing company.
- Ability to understand and uphold the federal regulations and OSHA.
- Exceptional management supervisory and interpersonal communication skills.