Leading Contract Manufacturing company looking for their next buyer to come on and manage a large business platform while working collaboratively across various industries!
Location: On-Site in Minneapolis Southern Suburbs
Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer:
- Negotiate cost reductions and ensure optimal terms using market data
- Identify vendors and suppliers to meet the needs of the business
- Initiate projects to resource parts or recommend new design prototype requests
- Communicate with Internal and External stakeholders to drive new sourcing activities and interact with OEM manufacturing suppliers and vendors.
- Working collaboratively across procurement, engineering, NPD, and many other branches within organization on daily basis.
Qualifications of the Senior Buyer:
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of experience in buying/purchasing
- Strong Track record of managing spend and good knowledge of V-looks and data filters
- Experience with contracts and supplier relationship management
- Category experience with electronics manufacturing required Senior Buyer: Experience sourcing electronic components such as PCBs PCBAs electronic components, etc | NPI Buyer: Experience working with/on NPI team within organization
- Fluent in ERP/SAP systems would be an added benefit to this role!