Title: Facilities Supervisor
Location: Greater Trenton Area
A leading name in the Chemicals industry is seeking an experienced Facilities Supervisor to oversees all facility grounds, buildings, and laboratory equipment ensuring a safe and functional workspace.
The Facilities Supervisor also serves as the site, Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) representative responsible for environmental compliance and the safety, health, and well being of all members at the site.
The Facilities Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate all facility equipment installations and refurbishments for the building.
- Developing and implementing facilities management procedures and policies.
- Managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
- Performing routine inspections of the interior facility and exterior buildings' structures ensuring safety concerns, repairs, and renovations are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Managing all facilities staff (permanent, temporary, and external contractors).
- Coordinating routine maintenance on facilities equipment, making repairs as needed.
- Managing the testing and maintenance of facility safety equipment, including but not limited to; fire extinguishers, fire detection/alarm, sprinkler systems and lab hood ventilation systems.
- Managing security measures, including collaborating with security system vendors (card access, cameras, burglar, etc.).
- Collaborating with building owners and upper management on budgeting for facility's needs
- Handling relations, visits, and inspections with the fire department, police department, rescue, municipal and State government (NJDEP, EPA, etc.) as well as local residences.
- Enforcing office delegation policy and manages selection and purchasing of all office furnishings.
- Develop and implement facilities Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- Managing hazardous materials shipping, handling, and hazardous waste disposal programs (DOT /HAZMAT certification required) in compliance with relevant regulations.
- Record OSHA recordable injuries on the facility OSHA 300A log.
- Review and maintain site HSE policies and procedures and ensure that required HSE training, such as hazard communication, personal protective equipment (PPE), life critical procedures, etc. are provided to facility and laboratory employees
The ideal Shift Supervisor must have the following qualifications:
- College degree or equivalent experience; minimum of 8 years of combined experience
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and other building systems
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques
- Safety and HSE certifications including HAZMAT, DOT & OSHA, preferred
- Functional experience in operations, customer service and developing and implementing programs
- Ability to lift equipment and comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time
- Available during off hours as needed to address emergencies
If you are interested in the Production Supervisor opportunity, then please don't hesitate to apply!