A global leader in the chemical industry is currently looking to expand their chemical procurement team in Switzerland. With sustainability at its' core, this company is focusing on a greener, cleaner future for the chemical industry. Globally operating for over 100 years, across 30+ sites this role is an opportunity to join a diverse workforce - this role would be suitable for a forward-thinking, resilient individual.
- Define, develop and maintain global sourcing strategies whilst driving expertise and process excellence. Identify and establish best practices.
- Own group-wide strategy, establishing relationships with vendors and negotiating agreements
- Develop and establish supplier relationships,
- Several years' experience in strategic sourcing, particularly focusing on chemicals (solvents, acids, salts) and/or catalysts/molecules. Previous experience in the chemical industry is beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to demonstrate success in managing complex, cross-functional activities; whilst being actively solution-oriented.
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills; professional fluency in English is essential, German is beneficial but not essential.
- Exposure to a challenging and diverse work environment along with the opportunity to travel
- This role can be remote based, in Switzerland. With office presence optional in a number of locations