A Global Market Leading aviation company is seeking a Head of Procurement professional to join their team based in Zurich, Switzerland. If you have experience managing a team within the aviation sector then please apply.
As the position holder, you will lead a team of Strategic Procurement Managers and Specialists, actively formulate the procurement strategy and policies, the execution and evolution of them. Your team will engage in locating, evaluating, contracting and maintaining the best sources of supply for the materials and services required by the business while considering all aspects such as quality, value, performance, cost and the ability to respond quickly to changing supply requirements, incl. licensing and logistics services. You will take the ownership, responsibility and accountability for supplier and vendor selection and development. In doing so, you will deliver ongoing and sustainable improvement on procurement cost in support of the business growth objectives.
- Develop and execute procurement strategy and policies to continuously reduce total cost of ownership and improve quality, standards and delivery performance of the services and products purchased.
- Recommend the most appropriate and efficient method for formation of strategic sourcing initiatives/agreements for the business from the analysis of spend, to the end user activity and the marketplace.
- Negotiate strategic sourcing agreements and any changes in supplier and vendor contracts in accordance with compliances, policies, rules and regulations.
- Decide if recurring purchases are appropriate for strategic sourcing agreement/initiatives.
- Decide if proposed contract changes and modifications are reasonable and in the best interest of the business as well as compliant and according to policies, rules and regulations.
- Apply negotiation skills to resolve contractual supplier and vendor disputes with an acceptable outcome for the parties per compliance, policies, rules and regulations.
- Decide appropriate resolution to problems that may arise during the strategic sourcing contracting processes by mediating disputes between the company and the supplier/vendor.
- Develop and maintain awareness of changing business trends in the marketplace and the possible impact to the company's business.
- Defend and/or justify an award of a formal bid or proposal in the event of a formal protest filed by a vendor/contractor.
- Analyse bid responses to determine the most responsive and responsible bidder to optimise total cost for the business.
- Analyse spend data/trends to identify and develop overall strategic sourcing initiatives which meet the needs of the business and recommends agreement formation based on research of spend, end-user impact, feedback and activity along with marketplace analysis.
- Recommend and justify strategic sourcing initiatives by using data mining tools to conduct spend analysis, prepare supporting reports/spreadsheets, comparisons.
- Develop internal policies and tools necessary to implement strategic sourcing initiatives and assists in prioritising strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with Operational Procurement and Indirect Procurement teams in the development and formation of strategic sourcing agreements.
- Monitor and track supplier and vendor performance through periodic financial reviews, product performance, customer satisfaction surveys, and customer outreach
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering, business administration or economics required.
- Supply Chain / Purchasing education required.
- Professional experience in technical environment, aviation sector preferred.
- Professional expertise in Purchasing / Supply Chain required.
- Sourcing and contracting experience required.
- Excellent project management skills, result and deadline orientated.
- Interpersonal skills for relationship management and team working required.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Proven skills in leadership required.
- Language skills: German and English language
How to apply:
- If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 815