DSJ Global is currently partnered with one of the largest global 3PLs looking to add an Industrial Engineer to their team near Atlanta, GA. The Industrial Engineer is responsible for supporting productivity improvement activity at the existing facilities in a 3PL environment. The position will also support time studies, layout evaluations, dock capacity analysis for existing operations as well as future proposal opportunities.
- Responsible for special projects to include dock capacity evaluations, material flow analysis, root cause analysis for inventory control issues.
- Time Studies to support headcount requirements for existing and future programs.
- Evaluation of space utilization compared to the original contract agreements.
- Evaluation and analysis of contract requirements compared to the actual (including headcount, equipment, handling and space requirements.
- Training of facility personnel (Inventory Control and Cycle Counters) for inventory control and material handling requirements.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 Standard to support the facility with maintaining or obtaining compliance.
- Lead and Support Problem Solving Teams within the facilities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Industry Standards and new technology for continuous improvement of our work environment.
- Develop and in depth understanding on the Warehouse Management System capabilities.
- Strong working knowledge of Warehouse Management System functionality
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering required
- 3-5 years' experience in the Supply Chain field
- Experience with lean or other continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience in a 3rd party logistics company