International Logistics Manager
· Sr. Manager, International Logistics
· St. Paul, MN
· $120,000 to $135,000 + Benefits + Bonus
A prominent chemical company servicing restaurants, supermarkets, food and beverage manufacturers, hospitals, and many more businesses, is now looking to hire a new International Logistics Manager to join their team to help lead export operations and drive process improvement through project management. This role offers a high level of visibility, with the exciting opportunity to have a hand in the global processes of a well-known and booming business!
· Create a high performing organization by managing through a direct reporting structure as well as a dotted line matrix; responsibility will include setting goals, coaching and feedback, performance reviews, etc.
· Manage operational service and cost performance, partnering with other areas within the organization to understand the KPIs and deliver improvements.
· Implement performance management scorecards for external 3rd party Logistics Providers, the analysis performance trends and identification of areas of improvement.
· Work in collaboration with the 3rd party Logistics Providers and International Logistics Operations teams to improve processes and resolve issues.
· Set global strategy and direction for digital/analytics solutions within the International Logistics function while leading the digital transformation conceptualization and execution and creating a road map aligned with the Global Logistics strategic priorities
· Own analytics for all global projects and RFP's/RFQ's within the International Logistics function including responsibility for finance approval/signoff and Power Steering maintenance.
· Identify and lead projects for savings opportunities, service improvements or efficiency gains.
· Initiate and lead benchmarking opportunities for the International Logistics function.
· Bachelor's degree
· 10+ years' experience in logistics, transportation, warehousing or management.
· Experience with SAP, TMS and procurement systems and MS Office, primarily Excel and Access.
· Experience leading projects and complex problem solving.
· No immigration sponsorship available for this position.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field of study.
· Previous experience in international Logistics, Forwarding, International Trade, Imports and Exports
· Previous experience with Network Design and replenishment planning.
· Previous experience with logistics control towers / international control towers.
· Previous experience in Project management - Concept to Delivery.
· Strong ownership and proactive working attitude.
· Strong formal problem-solving ability and skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively to internal & external colleagues.
· Strong mathematical aptitude with analytical skills.
· Understanding of supply chain tradeoffs and costs with an ability to make the best balance.
· APICS CPIM certification.