Title: Large Capital Project Procurement Liaison
Work Model: Hybrid
Location: Wilmington, DE
A premier multi-industrial company is seeking a Large Capital Project Procurement professional with experience in developing and executing global contract and procurement strategies aligned with project objectives. You will oversee supplier and contractor relationships regarding mechanical, instrumentation, automation & electrical equipment, piping, steel, consumable materials, and professional and craft labor services. Your role will involve promoting global procurement strategies, managing key contracts, and ensuring alignment with commercial terms and competitive pricing.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies aligned with business and project objectives.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to understand requirements and collaborate on solutions.
- Lead supplier relationship management to drive best-in-class performance and innovative products/services.
- Negotiate and deliver savings to meet business and procurement objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement processes and engage in dispute resolution when necessary.
- Develop and drive procurement key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or related field.
- Experience in Large Capital projects (> $50MM) required.
- 6+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Strong negotiation, organization, and management abilities.
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels and diverse cultures internally and externally.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical capabilities.
- Knowledge of capital project processes and procurement best practices.
- Proven skills in influence management and client engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and communicate across countries, cultures, and languages.
- Strong adherence to ethical standards