Location: France or the Netherlands
Our client, a European leader in Food manufacturing is seeking a procurement professional to step in as a lead buyer for Indirects, primarily responsible for different facts of the category, consisting of freight, warehousing, facilities, manufacturing services, MRO and spare parts. They're seeking a dynamic intuitive candidate with excellent negotiation skills.
The company have undergrown rapid expansion over the last year and have further plans to increase its footprint globally by opening more manufacturing plants and achieving higher profitability. In the last year, they have expanded their countries of operation from 5 to 7, doubled the net value of the business and opened 10 new plants in new countries. There are no plans to slow down and this role represents a chance to join a market leader in this exciting new chapter.
- Report directly to the head of indirect procurement.
- Drive procurement initiatives
- Be responsible for the implementation of the purchasing strategy and vision with a focus on generating substantial but an ability to act operationally as and when needed
- Ensure that development of further methods and processes in procurement is taking place
- Provide analyses for board management
- Prepare purchase contracts and ensures that purchases are made based on the Best Value for Money approach
- Ensure that the goods/services are delivered as per the agreed schedule and quality
- Communicate with all related internal and external parties regularly to ensure strong support
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a buyer/ procurement role
- Background within Indirect Procurement
- Experience with Change management is preferable.
- Strategically minded but capable of being operational.
- FMCG background preferable