A global FMCG company is a leading player in the food industry with a rich heritage and a strong presence in Europe. Their commitment to quality and innovation has made us a preferred choice among consumers. They are on the lookout for a talented and dedicated Packaging Lead Buyer to join their team and contribute to their continued success.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with the opportunity for hybrid work that entails responsibility for optimising the company's purchasing processes. Your efforts will contribute to the company's competitive advantage, all while ensuring no compromises are made on product quality that could impact our production. Your role involves sourcing from trusted suppliers known for their quality, supplier performance, and flexibility. Specifically, you will manage a portfolio of packaging materials (such as foils and corrugates) for all European Factories and report directly to the Head of Packaging Purchasing.
Your objectives for your portfolio include:
- Developing and executing a comprehensive purchasing strategy, including tendering and implementation.
- Continuously reducing packaging costs while meeting specifications.
- Managing the purchase budget associated with the category you oversee.
- Monitoring and benchmarking market trends in packaging.
- Contributing to optimising working capital related to external expenditures.
- Participating in supplier quality assessments.
Qualifications required for this position:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Commerce/Engineering; NEVI certification is advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of purchasing experience.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills with a structured approach to work.
- Results-oriented and customer-focused, with a hands-on and problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in French and English; proficiency in German and Dutch is a plus.
- Experience in the food industry is a plus.
- Willingness to travel between locations within Europe.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
What we offer:
- A challenging role in a pleasant and informal work environment.
- Competitive compensation based on your experience and skills.
- Attractive secondary benefits, including a variable bonus.
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing company where your initiative will be valued.
- Room for future career development within the business.