Maintenance Manager required for leading Food manufacturer
Greater Ithaca area, NY
A world leader in food manufacturing that has endless potential in career mobility and great job security needs a Maintenance Manager!
The maintenance manager will be responsible for leading and promoting a great work environment focused on ensuring maintenance of the entire facility and its machinery. While also fostering a culture of development and teamwork to communicate effectively and tackle any problems that may arise.
The Maintenance Manager should have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in production environment
- Knowledge of industrial equipment fundamentals including electrical wiring, electrical components, pneumonic systems, steam systems, water systems, hydraulics and building maintenance
- Strong leadership experience within manufacturing
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety quality
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of Individuals at all levels of the company to achieve results
- Be active and engaged to build and promote a strong safety culture to achieve zero personal and process safety incidents (OSHA experience or certification)
The Maintenance Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensures the assigned plant area is operating to support executing production plans to meet business demand and investigate deviations from the set plan
- Maintains the preventive maintenance programs
- Participate in or lead investigation's regarding in safety, reliability, and customer complaints.
- Oversee building and plant repair issues
- Responsible for coaching, developing and leading direct reports and for implementation and successful application of lean manufacturing both structurally and culturally.
- Implement changes in methods, equipment, systems, and organization, as needed, to assure that objectives are met, and give input and recommendations for such changes by using a Continuous Improvement mindset
- Identify, troubleshoot, and prescribe innovative solutions to complex mechanical issues
- Provide support and drive to your co-workers
- Provide and implement plans regarding plant improvement to better plant success