Mechanical Engineering Senior Manager
Location | San Francisco Bay Area
Travel | 15-25%
Compensation | $175,000 - $200,000 + Bonus
The Mechanical Engineering Senior Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Lead product development of complex mechanical medical devices through various development phases.
* Plan, organize, direct and coordinate the workflow of the Engineering Department and assure delivery of technical support where required on all operational shifts / schedules.
* Provides technical leadership of team contributions including mechanical systems models, CAD models, 2-D dimensioned drawings, tolerance analyses, feature function maps, and mechanical dFMEAs.
* Recruit, hire, and manage the technical staff. Determines resource requirements, develops budgets and allocate engineering resources to accomplish site, division and company objectives.
* Identifies and evaluates new technology and vendors to support product and process development needs.
* Collaborates with other regional mechanical engineering teams across the enterprise on best practice processes and tools.
* Work cross functionally on New Product Introduction, Operational Excellence and Lean manufacturing initiatives
* Assembles quotes for new products, processes, capital expenditures and represents content in review / approval processes.
* Create engineering-level manufacturing process instructions, bill of materials and related manufacturing documentation.
* Assure continuous improvement of operations by using best industry practices including Lean, Six Sigma and design for manufacturability.
* Domestic and international travel
Qualifications for the Mechanical Engineering Senior Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Discipline (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
* 7-10 years advanced Engineering leadership experience in Medical Devices; including multisite, and cross regional experience
* Knowledge of GMP, GLP, FDA, ISO and sterilization quality system standards
* Ability to flex work hours to support on all operational shifts when required
* Application of Engineering and quality methods including FEA, Tolerance Analysis, DOE, SPC, FMEA, Process Capability, Root-Cause Analysis, etc.