DSJ Global is currently partnered with a leading packaging and labeling company to find an Operational Excellence Manager to join their team in Clarksville, TN. This individual will work the Lean committee and Plant Manager in identifying activities, values and selecting Kaizen events and ensure proper resourcing and preparation for those events.
- Ensure Lean activities are linked to the business objectives and develop a site transformation plan in collaboration with the site management team.
- Ensure pre-event training, preparation for events, development and implementation of a communication plan, post event follow-up and auditing of results, prompt delivery of required supplies and materials, and mentoring KPO team members.
- Build and maintain the foundation for continuous improvement by ensuring the effective functioning of transformation activities aligned to a Lean Operating System.
- Teach and mentor Lean techniques to all levels of the organization, resulting in transformational progress.(Kaizen, 5S, TPM, Set-up reduction, Standard Work, Visual Management, SQDC boards, MDI, etc.).
- Assume the role of consultant, participant, and/ or lead on Kaizen events.
- Foster a culture of moving forward in a change environment and continuously assuring buy-in and ownership at all levels.
- Maintaining overall program tracking for impact and cultural improvements.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Operations Management or relevant experience is required.
- Five+ years of experience in plant leadership and directing those that aren't direct reports.
- Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience changing a culture to a Lean environment.
- Significant experience in implementation of complex Lean principals as they apply to multiple manufacturing operations.
- Personal experience in leading Kaizen events.
- Formal Lean training