A global industry leader in specialty lubricants is hiring for a dynamic Operations Manager. This company is dedicated to delivering top-notch lubricants and services to a diverse range of sectors, including automotive, appliance manufacturing, aerospace, pharmaceuticals, transportation, food and beverage, mining, and energy. Their organization remains at the forefront of innovation, perpetually adapting to the evolving needs of modern industries.
As the Operations Manager, reporting directly to the Plant Manager, you play a pivotal role within our senior leadership team. Your primary responsibility is to lead and coordinate production and quality control activities. This leadership position holds significant importance, overseeing a team of 3 supervisors and around 35 employees engaged in material production and packaging within the plant.
Your responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and supervising daily, weekly, and monthly production activities to meet customer demand.
- Collaborating with management to establish production and quality control standards, develop budgets and cost controls, and gather data on product specifications, quantities, and delivery schedules.
- Evaluating and enhancing manufacturing methods through process analysis and statistical techniques.
- Leading projects aimed at enhancing plant efficiency by reducing waste, improving process flow, enhancing product quality, and optimizing safety measures.
- Spearheading employee safety programs through effective communication and change management.
- Analyzing production and operational reports to identify causes of non-conformities with product specifications or production issues, and implementing improvements to prevent recurrence.
- Coordinating with vendors to determine product specifications, facilitate equipment, material, or parts procurement, and assess products for compliance with specifications and quality standards.
- Providing or coordinating team member training and contributing to the ongoing development of training programs.
- Acting as a technical liaison between the laboratory and operations personnel to ensure effective transfer of processes and methods.
- Demonstrating influential leadership to steer the team in the right direction and instill a sense of ownership.
Qualifications We Seek:
- A Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field is mandatory, preferably in Chemistry or Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of plant management experience in a batch chemical facility.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- A proven track record of managing change within a group and building strong, interdependent teams.
- Exceptional analytical abilities and the capacity to work independently.
- Familiarity with relevant EPA and OSHA regulations and ISO standards.
- Proficiency in computer skills, with experience in SAP being a plus.
- Prior experience working in a visual factory environment with rigorous housekeeping standards.