Operations Manager - Supply Chain required for a Leading Food & Bev Organization
- Supply Chain Operations
- Greater Los Angeles Area
A Rapidly Growing Food/Bev Organization is seeking a driven, hands-on leader as a Supply Chain Operations Manager for one of their key manufacturing facilities
The Operations Manager - Supply Chain will be responsible for leading all end to end Supply Chain operations within the manufacturing facility and warehouse in a manner which aligns with organizational goals, standards and policies. This position will lead the organization's entire Supply Chain covering supply/demand planning, logistics, operations & customer service. The individual will be responsible for both strategic development as well as tactical management of the entire material supply chain function to ensure delivery accuracy.
The Operations Manager - Supply Chain will have the following responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Oversee global delivery of material to ensure cost optimization and customer service excellence.
- Lead all facets of the supply chain team including inventory management, PO life cycle, materials purchasing planning, vendor management, master data government and service claim management to ensure all necessary KPIs are met.
- Spearhead continuous strategic improvement and change management projects by collaborating with other business unit leaders to ensure alignment and optimize internal/external processes and minimize cost.
- Apply broad knowledge to act as a key contributor on complex or critical assignments to ensure financial accountability according to scope and progression.
- Ensures developmentally productive environment for all Team Members and act as an advisor/coach to mentor other teams
- Work cross functionally with Customer Service, Logistics, Production, Planning, etc.
- Develop, implement and uphold operational KPIs to ensure maximum effectiveness of business results
The ideal Operations Manager - Supply Chain candidate will have the following skill set:
- 8+ years End-to-End Supply Chain Operations experience in a fast-paced, Food Production or other heavily regulated production environment
- 3+ years leadership experience
- ERP/MRP/WMS system knowledge a plus, but not required
- Customer-facing experience required
- Freight or other negotiation experience a plus
- Proven leadership and team-building abilities
- Bachelor's degree
- Lean Six Sigma or APICS Certification preferred, but not required
- Experience developing, managing and leading a team