Title: Packaging Engineer
Location: Waco, TX
DSJ Global is currently partnered with a leading pharmaceuticals company who is looking to add a Packaging Engineer to their growing team. This individual will provide technical support for the operations of the packaging department. They will also perform all activities related to new and current packaging components from review of drawings, to bringing components into the facility.
The Packaging Engineer will be responsible for:
- Review all proposed changes by vendors and coordinates required activities with the site (IM&E, S&T), and site Quality, Operations and Planning/Supply Chain units.
- Provide risk assessments required for change controls that determine qualification requirements for new and/or changes to current components.
- Assist with implementing new components and changes to current components and packaging processes into Operations.
- Serve as a SME for packaging at the site. Own and execute change controls related to packaging components.
- Troubleshoot issues related to packaging components and working with Operations, Quality, and vendors to reduce/eliminate issues. Work with Operations and component vendors to reduce/eliminate downtime due to packaging component issues.
- Independently plan and conduct small- to medium-size assigned projects within engineering speciality requiring conventional types of plans, investigations, and/or equipment. Manage multiple, often concurrent, projects and meets deadlines.
- Manage non-conformance, corrective/preventative action GTW records related to packaging components.
- Actively participate in the resolution of supplier quality issues.
The Packaging Engineer should have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Packaging, or a closely related discipline, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence in engineering or operational experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant engineering or operational experience, with an emphasis in packaging engineering
- Proficiency in MS Office, TrackWise, AutoCAD, and MS Project
- Experience in manufacturing/packaging of pharmaceutical products. Experience working in a GMP regulated environment.
- Knowledge of FDA regulated industrial environment
If this sounds like you, apply in today!