Summary: Located in Clintonville, Wisconsin, a leading producer of disposable tabletop products is looking for a Packaging Engineer to play a crucial role in the product development process. You will have the opportunity to utilize your creativity and problem-solving skills to design packaging solutions that balance functionality, cost, sustainability, and aesthetics.
The Packaging Engineer will be responsible for:
- Assisting with sizing and designing poly film CAD templates in preparation for graphics application for product overwraps and/ or bags for both consumer and food service facilities
- Helping support the Plant Engineering Team in the installation of new packaging equipment by validating packaging material designs and assisting in equipment qualification start up
- Managing packaging requirements in PIM, including technical documentation, and maintain corrugated part number database in LX software
- Engaging in Kaizen and 6's activities, participating in ISTA tests for packaging, and assisting in preproduction inspections and quality troubleshooting
The Packaging Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering + 2-8 years of applicable experience
- Understanding of ISTA testing protocols and procedures
- Basic design experience using 2D/3D CAD software, TOPS, and/or Adobe Illustrator
- Attention to detail and ability to work in cross functional teams
This firm offers competitive benefits and relocation packages, along with a focus on positive company culture and building a tight-knit community.
- Student loan and tuition assistance
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee assistance programs
- Culture that believes in helping each other learn, grow, and succeed
If you are interested in the Packaging Engineer role, please apply above.